Sunday, September 06, 2009

Current POUT: Mismatching Imagery

I'm getting ready to bring Poutmore back. More on that later. So here's my current pout. Sometimes clothing looks SO good in one photo - whether it's the styling, the model, the pose, the set...and then in the catalog shot it doesn't look so hot anymore.

Case in point: the C&C "California 50/50 Cotton Cashmere Open Front Striped Hooded Sweater" which caught my eye on their homepage today. In a word: gorgeous. The model looks effortlessly chic - who wouldn't want to live life like her?




So I madly clicked away until I located the sweater (in 'cardigans', not 'sweaters' after all) and was met by this photo:



What happened to the carefree life this $265 sweater promised me on the homepage? This model looks overwhelmed and not a little bit frumpy in her slightly wrinkled and oversized cardi :( My desire to buy was immediately doused and I am reminded again not to be overly swayed by ONE distinctly fabulous image when it comes to online shopping. Perhaps I'll wait for the sale rack on this one. Thanks C&C!

No comments: